Research & Development Tax Incentive
Find out if you're eligible now!
Who can claim?
- You can claim if you are a body corporate that is incorporated under Australian Law
- You are a foreign company that is a resident in Australia
- You are a foreign company with a permanent establishment in Australia
What can you claim?
- R&D is about generating new knowledge through experimental development
- Including core & supporting R&D activities
- Eligible expenditure includes salary/wages, contractor costs, trial expenditure, direct expenditure such as raw materials, and depreciation on plant and equipment
What is the benefit?
- A 43.5% refundable cash rebate with an annual turnover of less than $20 million
- A 38.5% non-refundable tax offset with an annual turnover equal to or greater than $20 million
Or call us now on 1300 462 238, our experts will navigate you through the eligibility and application process.
Yes, the application must be lodged on or before 10 months after year end. Lodgement and registration is an annual requirement.
The R&D Tax incentive is claimed through the company income tax return or via amended assessment.
An eligible entity is normally a company incorporated in Australia. Trusts are not eligible R&D entities (unless it is a public trading trust).
Companies with turnover less than $20 million that are in tax losses can convert the 43.5% tax benefit to a cash rebate. Companies with a turnover of more than $20 million can claim the tax incentive as a tax credit (if in tax losses the tax credit is carried forward).